The Foire du Livre is first and foremost a non-profit organization whose objective is to promote books and reading to all audiences.
A gigantic bookstore in the heart of Europe, the Brussels Book Fair has become, in 50 years, a major cultural event. Located on the historical site of Tour & Taxis, it is the link between all the actors of the book industry.
Publishers from France, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and Quebec rub shoulders with their French-speaking colleagues from Belgium. But if the Fair wants to be a place of French-speaking expression, it also defends with ardor and persuasion its international dimension and turns towards the inexhaustible wealth of authors from all over the world.
Resolutely generalist and attentive to the new, the Brussels Book Fair does everything possible to generate a dynamic of meetings, reflections and relaxation around the book. It thus nourishes all curiosities and interests, all generations included.
The Fair in figures
– 72,000 visitors each year
– 17,500 m2 of exhibition space
– 255 exhibitors and 500 publishing houses represented
– 1.200 authors in meetings and signings
– 315 events, meetings, shows and debates
– 15,000 visitors attending the meetings
– 120 volunteers to welcome the public
– Between 6,000 and 8,000 students from 6 to 18 years old